ROSS GRANGER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – 2021
Ross Granger, a standout student, athlete, and faith leader at Erath High School, was diagnosed with a brain stem astrocytoma only two months after his graduation in 2015. He valiantly fought his cancer until he was called home on November 11, 2016. During his illness, Ross devoted as much of his free time as possible speaking to student athlete groups about the love of God and overcoming adversity. His daily mantra was #WUPKAR: Wake up, Pray, Kick A**, Repeat. Before his passing, Ross requested that a scholarship be awarded in his memory to a deserving student who exemplified and modeled strong faith, academics, leadership and athleticism.
The Ross Granger Memorial Fund will award up to 5 scholarships valued at $2000 each to deserving seniors graduating in 2021. $1000 will be offered for the fall, and $1000 for the spring, upon providing proof of enrollment and passing grades. Students from the parishes of Vermilion, Iberia, Lafayette, Acadia, St. Landry & St. Martin are eligible to apply, as well as students enrolled in the Diocese of Lafayette Catholic high schools. Applications must be postmarked by February 28, 2021 and submitted to:
Ross Granger Memorial Scholarship
P.O. Box 311
Erath, LA 70533
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS The following information is required for initial application:
1. An official application form. Photocopies are acceptable.
2. An official transcript of all high school courses.
3. Required guidance counselor’s statement, signed.
4. Copy of SAT or ACT test scores, verified by guidance counselor.
5. Complete student portfolio, as described on application.
6. Two completed reference forms – Please have the person completing the reference enclose it in a sealed envelope and sign back of the envelope for return.
1. The Board of Trustees has the sole authority for awarding scholarships. The scholarship recipients are to be selected on the basis of (in no particular order):
• Scholastic achievement with a minimum 3.5 GPA requirement
• Faith-based activities and honors
• Athletic participation and accomplishments
• Extracurricular activities and accomplishments
• Demonstration of leadership
• #WUPKAR Essay (500 words or less)
• References (two)
2. All applicants selected as finalists may be subject to a personal interview with representatives of the Board of Trustees. Finalists will be notified prior to April 1, 2021. This Scholarship will be awarded without consideration of race, sex, age, religion, color or national origin. All selections are considered final. All applications and attachments become the property of the Ross Granger Memorial Scholarship Fund. Applications, including all required data, must be postmarked by February 28, 2021. Only complete application packets will be submitted for consideration.
Download your application below